Check out my foodie adventures at Foodspotting and Foodgawker

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Superhero Breakfast

I promise you, I'm not lying when I say this breakfast will make you a superhero--it is packed with superfoods, minerals, nutrients and antioxidants and will definitely put a spring in your step and get your day going!

Did you know that cacao beans have the highest amount of natural antioxidants you can find--more than blueberries and even green tea! I order my organic roasted cacao nibs from Theo, of course, but you can find them at any good healthfood store or online...

INGREDIENTS:

* 1/4 cup of raw cashew or almond butter (crunchy or smooth)
* 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
* 2 Tbsp shelled hempseed
* 2 Tbsp honey
* 1/2 tsp. ground flax seed
* 1 banana, chopped

Mix it all up on a plate or in a bowl and eat it with a spoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for your body but feels so naughty. My kind of breakfast!