Check out my foodie adventures at Foodspotting and Foodgawker

Monday, February 18, 2008

Sushi in the City

When we go out for sushi, there is only one choice. This little family-owned sushi gem is such a hidden secret in this city that I can't even tell you the name of it because its hard enough getting a table as it is without any advertising...There are only 2 tables (yes, 2!!!) and 8 bar seats in the whole place--one chef (aka "the machine"), his assistant (who assembles the hot food items) and one waitress...and they can barely accommodate the demand for this top-notch, creative and fresh sushi.

Sea bass and mango cups broiled in a garlic mayo sauce topped with tobiko:


(from left to right)--Tuna, avocado, mayo and macadamia nut (x2), Albacore, mango, mayo and macadamia nut (x2), Spicy tuna with avocado, Spider roll (soft-shell crab):


(from top to bottom and left to right)--Salmon avocado roll, Rainbow roll (the works!), Unagi (eel) and papaya, and an Octopus avocado roll:


We also ordered a platter of 12 sake nigiri (salmon & rice) because their salmon is the best I have ever tasted...but I somehow failed to take a photo of this one, probably because we gobbled it up so quickly....

Now, I am from Maui and I've been raised on raw fish and sushi--I have had more than my fair share of sushi and tried soooo many sushi places....but *this* place...this place wins:

*the best sushi*. ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh myyyyyyyy