Goji berries, the himalayan superfood, have been said to increase your libido...Hmmmm...Goji, anyone?! Turns out they are so incredibly healthy for lots of reasons--they are full of potassium, vitamin C, beta-carotene, zinc and lots of other antioxidants...
...and I have already confessed to you my love for the raw vegan treat called Goji Bliss....just pure coconut and goji berries all blended up into a crumbly delicious spread...
These chewy, chocolatey treats were a gift from my friend James who loves the Goji (and who also happens to be in his second year of medical school at UCSD so he should know...). They are incredibly easy to make, yummy and a half, and have a unique unexpected twist of flavor...
* 1 16-oz. bar of dark chocolate (I used TJ's brand, which is 72% cacao)
* 2 cups of goji berries
* 1 Tbsp. szechuan peppercorns
* Boil peppercorns till they become fairly soft (about 3-5 minutes). Then drain.
* Melt chocolate over medium heat (or use a double boiler!).
* Add goji berries and peppercorns. Mix.
* Spread out on wax paper and let cool.
* Cut into bars when cooled.
About a second after you bite into it, you should get a spike of spicy flavor, which quickly dissolves into sweet, chewy, chocolatey yumminess...