Check out my foodie adventures at Foodspotting and Foodgawker

Monday, February 4, 2008

The Milky Way at BACAR

One of my favorite things to do with my girlfriends is to go have a glass of wine and share some dessert at a wine bar while we gush about the gossip of our lives...no matter what the current drama, a little bit of wine and sugar does just the trick!! (Fortunately, there are countless of swanky wine bars in San Francisco for just such an occassion!)

My friend and I picked Bacar, which is in SOMA ("South of Market, for those of you unfamiliar with the city). Bacar has a fantastic wine selection, good food, sometimes live jazz or piano, and a signature dessert that is AMAZING.

Their version of a Milky Way ($11): a chocolate fudge cake layer at the base, topped with malt ice cream and a thin disk of chocolate, which melts away as a warm bourbon caramel sauce is poured over it all right at the table! *YUM*

No comments: