Check out my foodie adventures at Foodspotting and Foodgawker

Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Waterfront Restaurant, Maui


The Waterfront is one of my favorite places to eat when I am home on Maui...I *love* dishes that are prepared "tableside" at a restaurant and this place makes a Caesar salad from scratch right in front of your table: crisp romaine lettuce tossed with virgin olive oil, anchovies, crushed garlic, dijon mustard, worcestershire, fresh lemon juice, grated parmesan cheese and a coddled egg finished with garlic-herbed croutons, prepared table side for two or more.

They give you a list of the fish that was caught that day and then you choose the preparation. I ordered Onaga (red snapper) prepared "En Bastille" style: imprisoned in ribbons of fresh angel hair potato then sautéed and topped with fresh scallions, mushrooms, and tomatoes then served with our meunière sauce (white wine, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, butter). It was one of the best fish dinners I have ever had...cooked to prefection with all the right flavors and textures...

Waterfront.JPG

No comments: